International students wishing to apply to study at WCCMT Victoria must apply for a student visa from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The Massage Therapy program at WCCMT qualifies for foreign student authorization as an accredited institution under the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of The Ministry of Advanced Education in British Columbia.
For more detailed requirements please visit our prerequisite requirements page.
International Student Tuition is $34,845.
If you graduated high school and/or college/university from a country other than Canada or the United States of America, we require your credentials be submitted to the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) for an International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) report. We require the “Comprehensive Report” be conducted on your credentials. For more information please visit their website.
Include a copy of a current and valid Study Permit issued by Immigration Canada (this must be submitted along with all other prerequisites and must be valid for the entire length of the program).
International and ESL Language Requirements
The College will not proceed with any application from any student whose first language is not the language of instruction until the prospective student has demonstrated that he/she has met language competency requirements.
All teaching and assessment at WCCMT is in English. Therefore all students applying to WCCMT for admission whose first language is not English must satisfy the College that they have the required command of the English language to be successful in our program of study.
Students applying for admission to WCCMT whose first language is not English must demonstrate the following language competencies;
- The ability to speak and communicate in English
- The ability to listen and understand English
- The ability to read and understand English
- The ability to demonstrate basic English writing skills
Students whose first language is not English can demonstrate that they meet language competency requirements as per the below listed;
- Successfully undertake either the IELTS, TOEFL or Can Test (only available in Ontario)
- Complete formal education in an approved English language school which offers a program of study equivalent to TOEFL such as Inlingua Victoria
- 2 Years of full time study at a secondary or college level in a country where English is an official language or language of common usage
Minimum Requirements for English Language Testing
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The minimum requirement is an overall band score of 6.0 (academic module) no more than 2 years before the start of the program
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Internet Based Test, minimum requirement is an overall score of 25 in each element. The minimum requirement is 550 in the paper based test
Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (Can Test) – Ontario only
Must achieve scores of 4.5 in listening, 4.5 in reading and 4.0 in writing
- Proof of English language proficiency must be provided to the College prior to an offer of admission into the program.
- The College prefers that documentation come directly from the testing agency/school however will also accept documents if they are the originals and not photocopies via:
- In person at WCCMT Victoria
- Mail to: WCCMT Victoria 100 – 818 Broughton St.Victoria, BC, V8W 1E4
- The date reflected for the submission will be based on the date the documentation is received.
- Copies of the proof of English Language Proficiency will be stored with the official student record and available for annual and 5 year audit review by the PTIB
- The College must receive a copy of the applicants study Visa for their student file and the Visa must be valid for the entire length of study.
- When and if the student submits an application for Admission the Admissions Coordinator shall proceed with this candidate as he/she would with any other candidate applying for Admission to the College and ensuring he/she meets all admissions requirements for the program of study.
For more detailed requirements please visit our prerequisite requirements page and our tuition page for International student fees.
Students must apply to the program and be granted acceptance prior to their visa application, as a copy of their letter of acceptance is a required part of the student visa application process. Admissions staff are available to answer any questions you may have regarding your student visa application.
Unless otherwise stated in the Immigration Regulations, anyone wishing to study in Canada must obtain a student authorization prior to traveling to Canada. To obtain a student authorization applicants are required to provide evidence that they have been accepted to study, have enough money to support themselves while studying, are not inadmissible to Canada and that they intend to leave Canada upon completion of their studies.
Further information and application kits are available through their website at www.cic.gc.ca
Before coming to Canada you should refer to the booklet Entering Canada to Study or to Work. This is available from the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country, or by contacting:
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
Customs and Excise
Please note that international students graduating from WCCMT are NOT eligible to receive a Post Graduation Work Permit.
For further information please contact WCCMT Admissions by phone at 250 381 9800 ext. 227 and by email [email protected]