The Cory Mintz Scholarship:
The Cory Mintz Scholarship Fund has been established to honour the memory of Cory Mintz, who at 20 years of age died tragically in a motor vehicle accident. Cory had a true gift with people. He lived his life with passion and a tremendous devotion to his family and wide circle of friends.
The scholarship, in the amount of $4,000, is awarded annually to a new enrollee at CCMH or WCCMT who has demonstrated leadership qualities through volunteer activities in his or her community. In submitting your personal statement, we would like to understand how you have made a difference in the lives of others.
Please ensure you demonstrate how you meet many of the following criteria:
- Vision & values
- Knowledge & daring
- Savvy & persistence
- An idea person
- Commitment to and completion of a task
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Demonstration of the thrill of a challenge
- Peer & community respect
- Personal qualities including: passion, empathy, humour, strength of character, creativity, sensitivity, patience, maturity, common sense, spirit, wisdom.
How to Apply for the Cory Mintz Scholarship
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying for the Cory Mintz Scholarship, you are invited to submit a 500 word personal statement outlining why you believe you have the necessary attributes to apply for this Scholarship. Your submission should be provided directly to the President, via the Admissions Department. It must be received by April 30th during, or prior to, your first year of study.
Massage Addict “Excellence in Massage Therapy” Scholarship:
Massage Addict, a leading employer of Massage Therapists, is excited to establish a scholarship program for CCMH students. The Massage Addict “Excellence in Massage Therapy” scholarship is offered with the goal of recognizing high achievement while also offering financial support. To be eligible the student must be in their final year of study commencing January 31st.
The annual scholarship offers $1500 to a CCMH student who best exemplifies the following ideals and criteria;
- a student in their final year of study , in good academic standing, passing all courses at 70% or above,
- demonstrates core values that will ensure they become a caring and passionate massage therapist
- community involvement
- peer leadership and team building
- commitment to healing and overall wellness
- commitment to the massage therapy profession
Creativity is encouraged. Examples are, but not limited to:
- essay (500 words max.),
- video (2 minutes duration max.)
Final selections will be made by Massage Addict and may include a personal interview. Applications are due at the end of February each year. The scholarship will be awarded the first week of May each year.
Massage Addict – Tuition Reimbursement Program for CCMH Grads:
Graduates of CCMH will be offered $5,000 in tuition reimbursement and an opportunity for contract work with Massage Addict.
Massage Addict asks of you:
- Perform high-quality treatments with complete focus on the client
- Recommend treatment plans and home care
- Maintain accurate client records
- Establish a strong collaborative working relationship with your colleagues
- Register with the governing college of the province you choose to work in, or successful registration with a recognized Association in absence of a provincial regulatory body
As a RMT at Massage Addict you’ll receive:
- Tuition Reimbursement of $5,000 Cdn.
- Competitive salary, predictable bi-weekly income, 100% of earned tips
- Access to an immediate client base – you will be busy from the beginning
- Flexible schedules to meet work-life balance
- Education assistance for additional CEU/continuing education requirements
- Access to online booking system – see your schedule getting filled from your phone
- Optional health-care benefits package
- Allowance for professional development and training to meet your CEU goals