If you have any questions regarding prerequisites or equivalencies affecting your eligibility to apply for the Massage Therapy Diploma Program, or inquiries regarding admission issues please call us at:
Telephone – 416-322-1873 or Toll Free 1 – 877-748-7800
1. High School Certificate or Diploma
You must, at a minimum, have a high school certificate or diploma, or equivalent.* Applicants who do not have a Grade 12 certificate or diploma must write and pass the Wonderlic Test for mature applicants, administered by the college.
*High School Equivalents for the purposes of admission requirements are:
- A secondary school graduation diploma from another Canadian province or territory or from the United States.
- A General Education Development (GED) certificated issued by a Canadian province or territory or from the United States.
- A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country, assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
- A Canadian or U.S. postsecondary diploma or degree.
- A non-Canadian postsecondary diploma or degree that has been assessed as equivalent to a Canadian postsecondary diploma or degree by a recognized assessment service.
- A certificate of completion for an academic upgrading program from any Canadian jurisdiction that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario postsecondary program.
- A Certificate of Apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification in any trade from any Canadian jurisdiction.
2. Language Skills
If English is not your first language and you have not completed school in North America, you will be required to fulfill our Language Assessment Proficiency Policy:
- Successfully undertake an English proficiency test.
- Complete formal education in an approved English language school which offers a program of study.
- 3 years full time study at the secondary or college level in a country where English is an official language or language of common usage.
Minimum Requirements for English Language Testing
|English Proficiency Test Scores|
All applicants are required to have a minimum level of experience in introductory massage before enrolling in the Massage Therapy Diploma Program
3. Introduction to Massage Weekend Course
In order to gain the necessary introductory massage experience, you are required to enroll in CCMH’s Introduction to Massage course. This course is held over one weekend at CCMH from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (Saturday and Sunday). There are 8 different weekends per year that the course is offered. The course presents basic terminology, theoretical concepts and the practical application of massage. Please contact Admissions for the schedule and application form.
Upcoming dates are:
June 22-23, 2019
July 27-28, 2019
August 17-18, 2019
If you are a long-distance applicant and unable to attend CCMH’s Introduction to Massage weekend course, you may request the option of providing a certificate of completion from an established school of massage therapy, or a licensed Registered Massage Therapist.
4. Medical Terminology Body Systems Course (MTBS)
This course is optional, but highly recommended to prepare students for the science component of the Massage Therapy Diploma Program. By introducing students to anatomical, physiological, and pathological terms, a foundational understanding of the common language used by health care professionals will be developed. The MTBS course is an online course, which should be completed before the first day of classes. During this time period, students complete the course, quizzes and exams at their own pace. Students with prior human anatomy education need not take this course.