Important Dates to Remember:
|Term||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Fall 2019||August 10, 2019||August 20, 2019|
|Winter 2020||December 10, 2019||December 20, 2019|
Applications that are submitted or finalized (documents submitted) after the Application and Document Deadline, will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration and may consequently be deferred to a later intake if the class is full.
A completed application is made up of the following:
At CCMH applications are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Classes may fill up prior to the beginning of a term so every effort should be made to submit your application as soon as possible. If your application is received after the class is full, we can place you on our waiting list or make you a priority enrolment for the next start date. Your application requires the following documents to be considered complete:
- A completed application form with the non-refundable $200 registration fee.
- Proof of OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent or complete the Wonderlic Test offered at CCMH.
- Successful completion of the CCMH Introduction to Massage course, or equivalent.
- Optional completion of the CCMH Medical Terminology & Body Systems online course or proof of one (1) post secondary Human Science course.
- CCMH Medical Form completed by your physician (may require vaccinations records).
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Two (2) signed character reference letters. A valid reference letter MUST have an original signature and contact information. These reference letters MUST speak directly about their personal experiences with you, how long they have known you and why they think those experiences would make you a suitable candidate for the Massage Therapy Diploma Program.
- A personal essay (250 – 500 words) addressing the following points:
• Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
• Discuss what has been your experience with massage therapy?
• What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Language Fluency Assessment for students whose first language is not English.
- Submit the signed CCMH Enrollment Agreement (reviewed in a personal meeting with the Financial Aid Officer).
- $350.00 Tuition Deposit.
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully.
A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
Classes may fill months prior to the commencement of classes so every attempt should be made to submit your application as early as possible. Late applications will be accepted until commencement of classes if space is available. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.