Financial Aid Officer
The Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy (CCMH) and the West Coast College of Massage Therapy (WCCMT) – the two most highly recognized and respected names in massage therapy education in North America today – comprise Canada’s oldest, largest and most distinguished family of massage therapy schools.
CCMH, with campuses in Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta, holds the honour and distinction of being the birthplace of massage therapy in Canada. For over 64 years CCMH has pioneered, developed and passionately grown the field of registered massage therapy by providing the best massage therapy education available in the industry. CCMH was first established in 1946 at the request of the Department of Veterans Affairs in order to provide career training for military personnel returning from service after World War II, as well as for rehabilitation of veterans who had sustained injury.
Our family of Massage Therapy Colleges is the largest in North America, and is the only national Massage Therapy educator in Canada. Our total of six (6) campus locations are each registered and externally regulated by the Departments of Education in each of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Nova Scotia. CCMH offers training in Massage Therapy only by way of a 2-year (2200 hour) program.
Ideal candidates should:
- Counsel students on all funding options and assist with financial aid applications.
- Act as liaison between College and the Ministry Of Advanced Education and Skills Development and forward all supporting document as required.
- Collect and process all tuition payments and required fees from students and any outside funding agencies (OSAP, Second Careers, or other third party).
- Maintain up-to-date OSAP policies & signing authority (maintain One-Key Portal access and attend annual training workshops).
- Administer OSAP and other provincial student aid.
- Maintain up-to-date AR reports and regularly submit them to the accounting department and any other reports required.
- Issue reminder notices/invoices to students about outstanding tuition and other required fees on a monthly basis, calculating and adding interest as required.
- Make weekly bank deposits, issue tax receipts, memos, student withdrawals, invoices etc. to students.
- Oversee, secure, store and maintain student files and financial records in accordance with Campus and Ministry requirements.
- Prepare data and student files for annual OSAP audit in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Provide all relevant graduate information to the Ministry for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting purposes.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures and any accreditation and competency related requirements.
- Attend all meetings, performance evaluations, and any other related meetings as requested and be available for training as requested by the College during normal operating hours.
- Provide support and back-up for other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: 3 – 5 years’ working in a school/education environment in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Required: 1 year (minimum) of relevant education and/or work related experience.
- Ability to perform basic accounting.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment and adapt to changing demands.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Dependable, and keeps commitments and deadlines, willing to work longer hours when required to meet a deadline.
- Observes safety and security procedures uses sound judgment and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Ability to work as a team, and communicate needs to teammates and instructors and able to follow instructions.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CCMH is an equal opportunity employer and employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, ethnic origin, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation or identity, disability status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate. CCMH is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation.