If you know you want to make a difference in people’s lives by contributing to their health care, but don’t have the time and money to invest in education, massage therapy might be the answer. Massage therapists are well respected medical professionals who concentrate on relieving pain and improving mobility for their patients. You will be trained to care for patients without the expense and complicated education required for most medical professions and will be able to practice in many varied and interesting facilities once you receive your license.
Massage Therapist Accelerated Program
Unlike many other health care professionals an RMT provides a specialized treatment, yet can fast track their career and be practicing in as little as 18 months in the accelerated program. This is an appealing factor to many students who do not want to invest too much time or money on their education. Despite the short duration of your education to become a Massage Therapist, you will be challenged in an intense course that covers upwards of 2,000 hours. You also have a choice of taking the 22 month program with a summer break.
The Medical Services Provided by RMT’s
The scope of practice for RMT’s is defined as: “the assessment of the soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of physical dysfunction and pain of the soft tissue and joints by manipulation to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function, or relieve pain.” This means you are in a position to work as a medical professional using your training and knowledge to examine your patients, listen to their complaints, review their health histories and then come up with the treatment plan that will assist them in living healthy, happy, pain free lives.
The Benefits of Becoming an RMT
- You can obtain your license in as little as 18 months.
- You can work in many varied settings including health clinics, private practice, rehabilitation centres, health and fitness clubs, nursing homes, community health clinics, retirement residences, hospitals and hospices and even high end health spas.
- RMT’s make excellent incomes.
- You can provide treatments at a private clinic in your home.
- You will be helping people with many varied issues and improve their lives.
- You can work flexible hours to suit your lifestyle and schedule.
- It is an excellent profession for working moms as you can often choose your own hours.
- Ample opportunities with many positions available everyday.
If you are seeking a career as a medical professional but don’t have the time and money to invest in a long and drawn out education, Massage Therapy is definitely a program for you to consider.