Hiring Manager: Amy Van Sickle
Contract Dates: May 2, 2021 – August 14, 2021
Registered Massage Therapist in good standing with the CMTBC
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of massage therapy field in British Columbia
- Familiarity with college policies and procedures, as described in the faculty and clinic manuals
- Ability to utilize a variety of teaching methods and tools to adapt to student needs and promote engagement
- Ability to promote critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional and responsible
Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience, as an RMT.
Clinical Practicum Coordinator
Must participate in a minimum of one instructor development workshop per year either on site or online and any relevant accreditation workshops which may be required to fulfill CMTCA accreditation requirements.
To provide practical instruction, in a clinical practicum setting, to students in the College’s Competency Based Mastery Level RMT Program
The responsibilities of the Clinic Supervisors include, but are not limited to:
- Be present and punctual for all clinic shifts and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. If you must be absent, you must find a replacement and notify the Clinic Coordinator, the Campus Director, Executive Director, and the front desk.
- Become knowledgeable and familiar with the Employee and Clinic Policy manuals; abide by all policies at all times and reference them to students as required. Ensure that you have received and read WCCMT policies outlined in the Employee and Clinic Policy manuals each term.
- Perform day-to-day planning and coordination of the intern student educational activities in the on-site and outreach clinical settings.
- Implement all practicum clinics and outreach services, procedures, policies and rules as directed by the Clinic Coordinator.
- Correlate the didactic and clinical components of the massage therapy program, assist students to apply their theoretical knowledge to the practice of massage therapy, and work towards the integration of the educational program as a whole.
- Perform direct student supervision including tutorial instruction, treatment demonstration, student evaluation and feedback in both on-site and outreach clinical settings as set out in the practicum instruction schedule.
- Ensure that student interns perform treatment in a safe and appropriate manner commensurate with the intern therapist's level of training.
- Be aware at all times of the students' activities during their scheduled clinic shift, and report any unusual incidents or activities associated with student's treatment of clients or unprofessional behaviour of students while on their clinic shift.
- Preserve educational cohesiveness without compromising patient-care responsibilities in the clinic or other educational facility; implement student clinical practicum performance evaluation policy, administer and mark intern student evaluations and exams in practicum settings, and evaluate intern student performance based on the clinical practicum performance criteria as set out per term of study.
- Evaluate students in a manner that helps them to improve their performance.
- Keep the Clinic Coordinator informed on a regular basis of all student evaluations performed
- In the event that a student brings a concern or grievance to your attention, you must try to resolve the complaint. If the concern is not satisfactorily resolved, then you must complete a Concerns/Complaints recording form which must be signed by yourself and the student. The completed form must then be forwarded to the Clinic Coordinator and Campus Director.
- Maintain student records with a clear awareness of the confidential nature and the students’ need to maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure all written material used in clinical practicum education is recorded and filed appropriately.
- Assist in the evaluation of clinical curriculum in clinical practicum sites.
- Participate in and attend scheduled practicum instruction staff meetings.
- Remain current and up-to-date with any changes in the practice of massage therapy.
- All staff positions are expected to support the College’s professional development program by being models for the students of professional behaviour and attitude and holding other staff and students accountable for same.
- Participate in at least one Online Instructor Development course/module per year and in any on-site
Professional Development day activities as may be scheduled and required by the College.
- Remain in good standing with the CMTBC, maintain your 1 st Aid, & CPR, and provide an up to date resume with the current date at the top right-hand side, a copy of your 1 st Aid & CPR, and proof of CMTBC registration annually (first week of each January term) and forward directly to the Campus Director. If it is not possible to produce the actual document itself, please forward your receipt from the CMTBC as proof.
- As per timesheets, please utilize the bi-weekly timesheet submission.
- Please forward via email all communications re resignations/ leaves, etc. to the Clinic Coordinator and cc the Campus and Executive Director who will prepare your ROE for you if necessary.