The Harry Goldstein Memorial
The Harry Goldstein Memorial Leadership Award is presented in the memory of Harry Goldstein (November 7, 1920 – September 3, 2013). Harry Goldstein was a successful businessman, beloved father and grandfather and most important of all a man and human being of great character and integrity.
His heart lived and was kept forever young and vibrant by an indomitable spirit, eternal hope and unfaltering optimism. He was a kind and compassionate man who cared deeply about his work, his family, his community and the greater human community of humanity which we all belong to.
Without asking and without the slightest regard for reward or acknowledgement Harry always went the extra mile and did the right thing regardless of the cost because he cared and it was the right thing to do.
The Harry Goldstein Memorial Leadership Award will be conferred on an annual basis at our summer graduation event to a member of our student body who best exemplifies the qualities of optimism, caring, compassion, integrity and always going the extra mile for the College and/or the profession of massage therapy.
All students presently enrolled at the College are eligible to be nominated for this award. The selection committee will consist of our President Brian Goldstein with recommendations from the Senior Management team of the College.
Specific criteria for selection include as follows:
- Open and positive attitude in the classroom, College, community
- Fostering a positive and healthy learning environment
- Demonstrating support and caring for fellow students
- Demonstrating support and caring for faculty and admin
- Demonstrating support and caring for internship patients in the practice of massage therapy
- Acting with integrity and professionalism in the classroom, College
- Going the extra mile, whether in class, clinic, College, community
- Commitment and contribution to the College/profession