The Student Intern Clinic and Community Clinics operate after classes Monday to Friday from 3:30pm – 8:00pm and select Saturdays from 8:00am- 5:00pm. Every student completing their practicum is required to participate during its hours of operation. Special Event Clinics are scheduled opportunistically as each event is available. They may be scheduled during class and/or after hours at a variety of locations.
Clinical Practicum Hours Total -350hrs- broken down as follows
Clinical Practicum Orientation: 6hrs
- Topics to be discussed include: Clinical Practicum Policies and Procedures, relevant paperwork and expectations.
Student Intern Clinic: 189hrs
- Term 2, 3 & 4 students will treat members of the general public on-campus.
- 14 shifts per term consisting of 4.5 hours each working on patients of the student intern clinic
- Each shift will consist of 2 treatment blocks. Each treatment being 1hr and 15min in duration composed of 15 minutes assigned to assessment and 60 minutes for treatment (to include any home care given). There is a 30-minute break between each patient.
- 63 hours per term starting in Term 2.
Community Clinic: 108hrs
- Term 3 & 4 students will treat different population groups on- or off-campus, including but not limited to Sports, Neurology, Arthritis, Carnation (Invisible Illnesses), Spa and Pregnancy.
- 12 shifts per term consisting of 4.5 hours each working on patients of the community clinic. Each clinic is scheduled for 6 weeks, with students choosing two different clinics each term.
- Each shift will consist of 2 treatment blocks. Each treatment being 1hr and 15 min in duration, composed of 15 minutes assigned to assessment and 60 minutes for treatment (to include any homecare given). There is a 30-minute break between each patient.
- 54 hours per term starting in Term 3.
Special Events: 53hrs
- Events held off-campus.
- May be held during school hours, or afterschool/weekend(s).
- Including but not limited to sporting events, workplace wellness days, community events, and healthcare facilities.
- 15 hours in Term 2, 19 hours in each of Terms 3 & 4.