Please carefully review the following information. If you have any questions regarding prerequisites or equivalencies affecting your eligibility to apply for the program, or inquiries regarding admission issues please call us at:
1. High School Certificate or Diploma
You must at a minimum have a high school certificate or diploma, or equivalent. Applicants who do not have a Grade 12 certificate or diploma must complete the Wonderlic SLE exam administered by the college.
2. Language Skills
If your first language is not English, you may be required to submit one of the following:
- International English Language Testing (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0 on the Academic Modules, or
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet based test) with an overall score of 80 or better with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four components (listening, speaking, writing, reading); or
- TOEFL CBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language computer based test) with a minimum of 230 including a minimum essay score of 4.5, or
- TOEFL CBT with a minimum score of 250.
3. Introduction to Massage Weekend Course ($200)
You should have a minimum level of experience in massage to be admitted into our program. In order to gain this experience, you can enroll in CCMH’s Introduction to Massage course which is held at the college for one weekend, 4 times per year (5pm-9pm Friday and 9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday).
This is a practical, hands-on class designed to provide basic information and instruction in the most common Massage Therapy applications (Swedish techniques). Basic health and safety concerns are addressed, as well as self-care strategies for massage therapy students. Successful completion of the Introduction to Massage course is a passing grade of 70% and a recommendation for admission from the instructor of the course. This recommendation is based on a student’s behaviour and performance in class. Please contact the Admissions Department at [email protected] for an application form to be sent to you, or download one here : CCMH Introduction Courses 2019
Please note: 30 days notice of withdrawal is required for refunds. Refunds are subject to a $50 admin fee.
- March 22-24, 2019
- July 12-14, 2019
- November 16-18, 2019
4. Medical Terminology & Body Systems (Free – Online Course)
This course helps to prepare students for the pure Science components of the Massage Therapy program. By introducing students to anatomical, physiological and pathological terms, a foundational understanding of the meaning behind the common language used by health professions will be developed. The purpose of learning and building a medical vocabulary is not only to effectively communicate with other members of the health care team but also prepare students for success within the Massage Therapy program. Please contact the Admissions Department at [email protected] for an application form, or download one here: CCMH Introduction Courses 2018