International Students

International Students

Welcome to CCMH’s massage therapy school in Halifax.

International students wishing to apply to study at the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy must apply for a study permit/student visa from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The Massage Therapy program at the college qualifies for foreign student authorization as an accredited institution.

For more detailed requirements please visit our prerequisite requirements page.

International Student Tuition is $24,500.

International Transcripts

If you graduated high school and/or college/university from a country other than Canada or the United States, we require your credentials be submitted for an ICES (International Credential Evaluation Service) report. We require the Comprehensive Report be conducted on your credentials.

Students who have completed their education outside of Canada or the United States are required to have their education translated and evaluated. If you have completed courses in human sciences, please get a comprehensive report, otherwise a general report is sufficient. For more information contact either World Education Service at (416) 972-0070 or International Credential Assessment Service at 1-800-321-6021

International and ESL Language Requirements

All teaching and assessment at CCMH is in English. Therefore, all students applying for admission, whose first language is not English, must satisfy the College that they have the required command of the English language to be successful in our program of study.

Students applying for admission to CCMH whose first language is not English must demonstrate the following language competencies;

  • The ability to speak and communicate in English
  • The ability to listen and understand English
  • The ability to read and understand in English
  • The ability to demonstrate basic English writing skills

Students whose first language is not English can demonstrate that they meet language competency requirements as per the below listed;

  • Successfully undertake either the IELTS, TOEFL or CELPIP
  • Complete formal education in an approved English language school which offers a program of study equivalent to TOEFL
  • 2 Years of full time study at a secondary or college level in a country where English is an official language or language of common useage

Minimum Requirements for English Language Testing

International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

The minimum requirement is an overall band score of 6.0 on the academic modules before the start of the program

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

  • TOEFL IBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet based test) with an overall score of 95 or better with a minimum score of 20 in each of the four components (listening, speaking, writing, reading); or
  • TOEFL CBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language computer based test) with a minimum score of 240 including a minimum essay score of 4.5, or
  • TOEFL CBT with a minimum score of 250.

Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program(CELIP)

Must achieve scores of 6 -7 (moderate) in speaking, listening, reading and writing.

The College will not proceed with any application from any student whose first language is not the language of instruction until the prospective student has demonstrated that he/she has met language competency requirements.


  • Proof of English language proficiency must be provided prior to an offer of admission into the program.
  • Students must submit their proof of English Language Proficiency via the provision to the College of official documentation as per any of the above which demonstrate proof of fulfillment of the Colleges English Language Proficiency requirements.
  • The College prefers that documentation come directly from the testing agency/school however will also accept documents if these are the originals and not photocopies via:
  • E-mail to [email protected]
  • In person at CCMH, Halifax

Mail to: CCMH, Halifax 6960 Mumford Road Suite 180 Mumford Professional Centre, Halifax, NS B3L 4P1

  • The date reflected for the submission will be based on the date the documentation is received.
  • Copies of the proof of English Language Proficiency will be stored with the official student record
  • Upon receipt of such documentation the College will review, and if acceptable, contact the student and set up a meeting to explain the Colleges application process and requirements for Admissions
  • The College will also at this time provide the student with a copy of the Colleges Student Policy Manual for their information and review
  • When and if the student submits an application for Admission the Admissions Officer shall proceed with this candidate as he/she would with any other candidate applying for Admission to the College and ensuring he/she meets all admissions requirements for the program of study.

The College will not proceed with any application from any student whose first language is not the language of instruction until the prospective student has demonstrated that he/she has met language competency requirements.

For more detailed requirements please visit our prerequisite requirements page and our tuition page for International student fees.

Unless otherwise stated in the Immigration Regulations, anyone wishing to study in Canada must obtain a student visa prior to traveling to Canada.

Students must apply to the program and be granted acceptance prior to their visa application. To obtain a student visa, applicants are required to provide evidence that they have been accepted to study, have enough money to support themselves while studying, are not inadmissible to Canada and that they intend to leave Canada upon completion of their studies. CCMH admissions staff are available to answer any questions regarding your student visa application.

Further information and application kits are available through their website at

Before coming to Canada you should refer to the booklet Entering Canada to Study or to Work. This is available from the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country, or by contacting:

Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
Customs and Excise
Travelers Directorate
MacKenzie Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0L5

Please note that international students graduating from CCMH are NOT eligible to receive a Post Graduation Work Permit.

The Latest News
& Articles

Different Types of Beneficial Massage Therapy

Massage Therapy is used by many different people who may suffer injuries from different things. Whether it be from stress at the office to a sports injury, Massage Therapy can be used for health maintenance as well as injury rehabilitation. Corporate massage takes care of the pain that comes with […]

Read More

RMTs and Entrepreneurship

One of the many recognized perks of being a Registered Massage Therapist is freedom. Alexandra Denvir figured that out when she discovered her passion for massage. She, along with many others, love the flexibility to travel, and the ability to “be your own boss”. As an RMT, you’re free to […]

Read More

Beverley’s Story: No Regrets!

Our students come from all sorts of backgrounds, but most commonly Kinesiology. Beverley Ball started out as a Kinesiologist, but now has been an RMT for 15 years. We spoke with Beverley to talk about her journey at CCMH and any updates that she’s encountered in Massage Therapy! What inspired […]

Read More