Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Be sure to plan ahead for the costs associated with your education at CCMH.

Get started by looking at the resources available to you well before the start of your program.  Various financial aid options are available for students who meet certain criteria.

How much will college cost?

As a general guideline, single students living on their own can expect to spend about $18,000 per academic year on living expenses, tuition, books, and supplies.  Of course, your expenses will vary depending on your individual circumstances.  Married students with dependents, for example, will have higher living costs than single students living at home.

You can get a good idea of your own financial picture by listing your resources and expenses.  For resources, consider all sources of income such as part time jobs, savings, contributions from parents, spouses, or other family members.  Expenses include college costs, as well as room and board, transportation, clothing, laundry, personal care, and entertainment.

To help you explore your financial need, here is a Budget Worksheet  for you to work through.

If you find your estimated expenses are greater than your resources, your next step is to arrange for financial assistance.

Financial Aid Options

  1. Student Assistance (Nova Scotia Student Loan, or through Student Assistance in your home province)
  2. Banks and other lending institutions (i.e. student line of credit, RESP’s)
  3. CCMH Payment Plans
  4. Third Party Funding (i.e. employer-sponsored, Indigenous Services Canada)
  5. Life-Long Learning Plan (RRSP’s)

Student Assistance

If you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen and you have resided in Nova Scotia for at least the last 12 months, you may be eligible for a Nova Scotia Student Loan. If you are a Canadian resident and have lived in another province or territory for the last 12 months, you must apply for Student Assistance in that province or territory. Visit: to find a provincial Student Loan office. You may apply online or applications may be found at your local employment office.

Remember, you MUST apply in the province or territory in which you resided for the last 12 months.

Please note for Student Assistance applications:

  • CCMH Halifax is designated for Student Loans and our school code is HPFB
  • Onsite programs are 5 credits per year
  • Online-Onsite Blended Program is 2 credits in year 1 and 2, and 6 credits in year 3.

It is your responsibility to submit accurate information and Student Assistance requires you to complete your own application. Information such as Confirmation of Enrollment will be provided by the Financial Aid Office when requested to do so by the student loan office. CCMH attempts to keep all information current and accurate. The information provided on this website is available to assist you in the application process. CCMH can not be held responsible for any discrepancies between our information and that of Student Assistance. When in doubt, contact your provincial Student Assistance office.

To finalize the amount you will receive for the provincial portion of your student loan (as a Nova Scotia applicant), you must submit a “Pre-Study Report”. This information verifies your income for the 18-week period prior to the start of your studies. Depending on the income you have earned, your loan may be re-evaluated, and once again, based on ‘need’ you may receive more or less than previously estimated.

Student Assistance expects that you have put some money aside to contribute to your education. It is recommended to contact your provincial office to determine the amount they expect you to contribute.

Banks and Other Institutions

A number of banks and other financial institutions offer special programs for students. These include a student line of credit, RESP withdrawal, and student credit cards. Please contact your bank for more information.

CCMH Payment Plans

Payment plans are available from CCMH allowing you to pay the tuition in installments throughout the school year. The length of the payment plan is typically 8 months. For more information about payment plans, please contact the Financial Aid Officer at 902-484-0188 or [email protected]

Third Party Funding

Third party funding is available through organizations such as the Indigenous Services Canada, or through Skills Development. The Skills Development program aims to provide unemployed, Labour Market Development Agreement (LMDA) eligible participants, who need to learn additional skills to  obtain employment. If you think you may qualify for Skills Development funding or are looking for more information please visit or find an Employment Office near you.

LifeLong Learning Plan

The LifeLong Learning Plan (LLP) allows you to withdraw amounts from your RRSPs to finance full-time training or education for you, your spouse, or common-law partner.

To participate in the LLP, all of the following conditions must apply:

  • You must own an RRSP
  • The student must enroll on a full-time basis (or on a part-time basis if the LLP student meets the disability conditions)
  • You (the RRSP owner) have to be a resident of Canada
  • The student must enroll in a qualifying educational program at a designated educational institution
  • The participation in the LLP has to be done before the end of the year the student reaches the age of 71 years old


There are a number of scholarships and bursaries from which CCMH student may also be eligible. Please view the following Scholarship Document. Additionally, please visit to see if you qualify.

If you have any questions, please contact Financial Aid Officer at [email protected] or 902-484-0188.

The Latest News
& Articles

Different Types of Beneficial Massage Therapy

Massage Therapy is used by many different people who may suffer injuries from different things. Whether it be from stress at the office to a sports injury, Massage Therapy can be used for health maintenance as well as injury rehabilitation. Corporate massage takes care of the pain that comes with […]

Read More

RMTs and Entrepreneurship

One of the many recognized perks of being a Registered Massage Therapist is freedom. Alexandra Denvir figured that out when she discovered her passion for massage. She, along with many others, love the flexibility to travel, and the ability to “be your own boss”. As an RMT, you’re free to […]

Read More

Beverley’s Story: No Regrets!

Our students come from all sorts of backgrounds, but most commonly Kinesiology. Beverley Ball started out as a Kinesiologist, but now has been an RMT for 15 years. We spoke with Beverley to talk about her journey at CCMH and any updates that she’s encountered in Massage Therapy! What inspired […]

Read More