Important Dates to Remember:
|Intake/Program||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Spring 2019 – 16 month||March 1, 2019||April 1, 2019|
|May 2019 – Blended|
|April 1, 2019||April 15, 2019|
|Fall 2019 – 21 month||July 1, 2019||August 1, 2019|
Applications that are submitted or finalized (documents submitted) after the Application and Document Deadline, will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration and may consequently be deferred to a later intake if the class is full.
A completed application is made up of the following:
At CCMH applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Please also remember that classes may fill up prior to the beginning of class so every effort should be made to submit your application as soon as possible. If your application is received after the class is full, we can place you on our waiting list or make you a priority enrollment for the next class. Your application requires the following:
- A completed application form. If you don’t already have one, you can request an application form from Admissions by phoning (902) 484-0158, or download one from the Downloads & Forms tab.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from High School/GED or Post-Secondary institution.
- A Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check to be dated within 6 months prior to program start.
- Satisfactory completion of an Education interview. Out-of-Province applicants may request a telephone interview.
- Successful completion of a CCMH Introduction to Massage course offered at multiple times yearly. Please note that a distance option is available for those that live more that 100km from a CCMH/WCCMT campus. Registration forms are available under the Documents & Forms tab.
- Successful completion of the online Medical Terminology and Body Systems course.
- A current resume.
- Two signed original character reference letters. One from a health care practitioner and one personal. References must have known you for more than two years. A character reference cannot be a relative. Generic reference letters will not be accepted. Please have the letters sent directly to admissions via email: [email protected] or mailed to the Halifax Campus.
- An essay addressing the following points:
• Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
• Discuss what has been your experience, if any, with massage therapy?
• What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
- A medical note from a physician indicating you are in good health and free from all communicable diseases and physically and mentally capable of undertaking this program. This can be found under the Documents & Forms tab.
- A passport style photo emailed to [email protected] for your student ID card.
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully. A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
Classes may fill months prior to the commencement of classes so every attempt should be made to submit your application as early as possible. Late applications will be accepted until commencement of classes if space is available. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.