Admission into the Massage Therapy Diploma Program at CCMH is competitive. A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
At CCMH, we evaluate all applications in accordance with constitutional guidelines that protect the rights of individuals from discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, citizenship, creed, family status or disability.
Important Dates to Remember:
|Start Date/Program||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|January 6, 2020 – 16 months||November 1, 2019||December 1, 2019|
|April 27, 2020 – 16 months||March 1, 2020||April 1, 2020|
|May 25, 2020 – Online/Onsite Blended||April 1, 2020||May 1, 2020|
Applications that are submitted or finalized (documents submitted) after the Application and Document Deadline, will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration. Successful applicants may consequently be deferred to a later intake if the class is full.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
A completed application is made up of the following:
- Application form accompanied by a non-refundable $100 registration fee.
- Official transcripts from your highest level of education attained or completion of the Wonderlic test.
- A CCMH Medical Form, indicating fitness to study, completed by your physician (may require vaccinations records).
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Two (2) professional, confidential reference forms, signed, sealed and sent directly to the college or through email, one of which must be from a healthcare professional. Reference letters must speak directly about their personal experiences with you, how long they have known you and why they think those experiences would make you a suitable candidate for the Massage Therapy Diploma Program.
- Be able to present valid government-issued photo ID.
- Vulnerable sector (police) check* issued within the 6 months prior to the start of school. Applicants must also provide a Criminal Record Check issued within 6 months prior to the start of school
- A 250 to 500-word typewritten personal essay about your interest in Massage Therapy. Your response should address the following questions: Why do you want to practice Massage Therapy? What has been your experience with Massage Therapy? What do you have to offer the Massage Therapy profession?
- Successful completion of the CCMH Introduction to Massage course, or equivalent, and completion of the Medical Terminology & Body Systems online course (if applicable) or proof of one (1) post secondary Human Science course.
- Language Fluency Assessment for students whose first language is not English.
*If a vulnerable sector (police) check or Criminal Record Check is not submitted in time for the start of the program, you may be granted an extension for this submission to a maximum of 9 weeks, at which time you would be dismissed from the program. This extension will only be granted if the applicant provides proof of submission of the application for the record check, and:
- a) in the case of no criminal violations (a “negative” report is expected), you sign a document attesting you have no criminal record, or
- b) in the case of criminal violations (a “positive” report is expected), you consult the provincial regulator/association to determine if you would be permitted to apply for registration and/or membership and provide CCMH with a letter of permission from the regulator/association.
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully.
Once your application is processed, a Conditional Acceptance letter is sent to those eligible for acceptance into the program. For a full acceptance to be granted, the following must be completed:
- The Admissions department will contact you to arrange for your Educational Interview.
- Submission of a professional-looking digital photo.