We passionately believe in the value of massage therapy, and strive to deliver the highest quality massage therapy education globally today. We are committed to providing the best educational experience to future leaders in the massage therapy community in Canada and around the world.
CCMH Mission Statement
Canada’s leader and pioneer in delivering nationally recognized massage therapy education in a professional, student-centred learning environment.
CCMH mentors and challenges its students to reach their greatest potential as aspiring massage therapists.
Our program goals come directly from our mission statement. They are as follows:
- To deliver the practice competencies in a logical, progressive and integrated manner
- Demonstrate the efficacy of Massage Therapy through the creation and implementation
of evidence-based practice
- To demonstrate we offer a quality educational experience by continuously meeting
accreditation requirements for registered massage therapy training institutions.
- To demonstrate strong board exam performance on provincial licensure examinations
- To offer the benefits of massage therapy to a wide variety of patient populations
- To graduate confident, critically thinking Massage Therapy Students
- To develop ethical Massage Therapy Students who are capable of inter-professional
collaboration, encouraging patient centred care
- To Promote and employ sustainable business practices
- To develop student, faculty and staff perception of CCMH as a warm and caring
- To inspire lifelong learning
- To offer the benefits of Massage Therapy to a wide variety of patient populations
- To demonstrate the value and efficacy of Massage therapy
- To demonstrate strong board exam performance attesting to the quality of our program
- To fulfill accreditation and program approval requirements attesting to the quality of our
- To create and nurture relationships and participate in morale building activities that
facilitate our efforts to provide our educational experience in a warm and caring
professional learning environment
Our Massage Therapy Diploma Program has a world-class reputation amongst healthcare professionals, which is maintained through regular curriculum updates to reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and current research.
Our program leads students through a step-by-step progression of learning experiences culminating in a thorough understanding of the human body. Through over 2200 hours of training in various courses such as anatomy, neurology, kinesiology and remedial exercise, CCMH graduates are well prepared for work as a massage therapist. Theoretical courses are balanced by hands-on classes in the art and science of Massage Therapy. In addition, students learn the foundational skills that prepare them to establish and operate their own practices and businesses. The end result is the most highly trained graduates of massage therapy schools in Nova Scotia.
CCMH students gain over 330 hours of supervised clinical experience through regular shifts in our on-site Public Intern Clinic, hospital placements, outreach hours, and elective options.