Looking forward to joining CCMH as a student? Want to test your knowledge before you start?
Time to flex your brains with CCMH’s anatomy quiz! Test your knowledge of the various muscle systems, what they do, and where their names come from. Don’t have the answers? Don’t worry – this will all be second nature to you soon.
1. I lie on the sides and front of the abdomen and am the intermediate of the three flat muscles in this area, what am I?
A: Rectus Abdominal Muscle
B: Internal Abdominal Oblique
C: Serratus Anterior Muscle
D: Trapezius Muscle
2. True or False? Triceps brachii is latin for “three headed dog”.
3. I am a muscle that is rounded, triangular and located on the uppermost part of the arm and the top of the shoulder, what am I?
A: Teres Major Muscle
B: Subscapularis Muscle
C: Deltoid Muscle
D: Latissimus Dorsi Muscle
4. I am a large muscle on the back of the upper limb of many vertebrates and it is the muscle principally responsible for extension of the elbow joint (straightening of the arm). What am I?
A: Bicep Muscles
B: Tricep Muscles
C: Flexor Carpi Muscles
D: None of the above
5. True or False? The deltoid is named after the Greek letter delta which is shaped like a equilateral triangle.
6. I am a large paired surface muscle that extends longitudinally from the occipital bone to the lower thoracic vertebrae of the spine and laterally to the spine of the scapula, what am I?
A: Teres Minor Muscle
C: Intercostal Muscles
D: Trapezius Muscle
7. True or False? The Trapezius was named for its renowned over development in trapeze artists.
*Answers are down below (NO PEEKING!)
But it’s not just bookworms we’re looking for. If you are searching for a hands-on, comprehensive training program that leads you to a rewarding and dynamic career as a Massage Therapist, CCMH is the place for you.
Don’t just take it from us! Check out more on our blog with alumni stories about how past grads have taken what they’ve learned at CCMH and where they’ve gone at RMT’s since graduating.
You can also visit our homepage to find out more about the programs at CCMH Toronto.
Interested in pursuing a career as a Massage Therapist? It’s easier than you think! Learn about our other students who found their path at CCMH by checking out our blog.