Please carefully review the following information. If you have any questions regarding prerequisites or equivalencies affecting your eligibility to apply for the program, or inquiries regarding admission issues please contact:
Admissions at 519-650-5533 ext 202 or via email at [email protected]
1. Proof of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent*
You must at a minimum have a high school diploma, or equivalent. Applicants who do not have a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent must write and pass the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam administered by the college.
*High School Equivalents for the purposes of admission requirements are:
- A secondary school graduation diploma from another Canadian province or territory or from the United States.
- A General Education Development (GED) certificated issued by a Canadian province or territory or from the United States.
- A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country, assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
- A Canadian or U.S. postsecondary diploma or degree.
- A non-Canadian postsecondary diploma or degree that has been assessed as equivalent to a Canadian postsecondary diploma or degree by a recognized assessment service.
- A certificate of completion for an academic upgrading program from any Canadian jurisdiction that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario postsecondary program.
- A Certificate of Apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification in any trade from any Canadian jurisdiction.
2. Language Skills
If English is not your first language and you have not completed school in North America, you will be required to fulfill our Language Assessment Proficiency Policy:
- Successfully undertake an English proficiency test.
- Complete formal education in an approved English language school which offers a program of study.
- 3 years full time study at the secondary or college level in a country where English is an official language or language of common usage.
Minimum Requirements for English Language Testing
|English Proficiency Test Scores|
Your report must be provided with your application package.
MANDATORY PREREQUISITE COURSE (PRACTICAL)
3. Introduction to Massage Course
In order to gain the necessary introductory massage experience, you are required to enroll in CCMH’s Introduction to Massage course. This course is held over one weekend at CCMH from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (Saturday and Sunday). There are 6 different weekends per year that the course is offered. The course presents basic terminology, theoretical concepts and the practical application of massage. Please contact Admissions for the schedule and application form. Fee for the course is $200.
2019: June 22/23, July 27/28, Aug 17/18, October 26/27, Dec 14/15
If you are a long-distance applicant and unable to attend CCMH’s Introduction to Massage weekend course, you may request the option of providing a certificate of completion from an established school of massage therapy, or a licensed Registered Massage Therapist.
OPTIONAL PRE-REQUISTE COURSE (SCIENCE)
4. Medical Terminology Systems (MTS) Course
This course is highly recommended if you do not have any previous science background. Please see your admissions department to be enrolled. If you have a post secondary health science background please contact Admissions to see if you qualify for a Prior Learning Assessment.