International Students

International Students

Welcome to the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy – Cambridge Campus.

International students wishing to apply to study at the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy (CCMH) must apply for a study permit/student visa from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Massage Therapy Diploma program at the CCMH qualifies for Foreign Student Authorization as a Designated Learning Institution under the Private Career Colleges Act, Ontario.

For more detailed requirements please visit our prerequisite requirements page.

International Transcripts

If you graduated high school and/or college/university from a country other than Canada or the United States, we require your credentials to be submitted in English.

The following options meet this requirement:

(1) Submit your academic record/transcript for an ICES (International Credential Evaluation Service) report. If you have completed courses in human sciences and are seeking to be exempt from certain CCMH courses, we require the Comprehensive Reportbe conducted on your credentials. For more information contact either World Education Service at (416) 972-0070 or International Credential Assessment Service at 1-800-321-6021

(2) A translated version of your transcript accompanied by a notarized letter verifying that the transcript has been accurately translated and transcribed into English.

International and ESL Language Requirements

All teaching and assessment at CCMH is in English. Therefore, all students applying for admission, whose first language is not English, must satisfy the College that they have the required command of the English language to be successful in our program of study.

Please refer to the Program Prerequisites for information on English language proficiency scores that meet our admission requirements. Proof of English language proficiency must be submitted with other Application documents.

The College will not proceed with any application from any student whose first language is not English until the prospective student has demonstrated the language competency requirements have been met.


  • Proof of English language proficiency must be provided prior to an offer of admission into the program.
  • Students must submit their proof of English Language Proficiency via the provision to the College of official documentation as per any of the above which demonstrate proof of fulfillment of the Colleges English Language Proficiency requirements.
  • The College prefers that documentation come directly from the testing agency/school however will also accept documents if these are the originals and not photocopies via:
  • E-mail to [email protected]
  • In person at CCMH, Cambridge

Mail to: CCMH, Cambridge 405 Maple Grove Rd #4 Cambridge, ON N3E 1B6

  • The date reflected for the submission will be based on the date the documentation is received.
  • Copies of the proof of English Language Proficiency will be stored with the official student record
  • Upon receipt of such documentation the College will review, and if acceptable, contact the student and set up a meeting to explain the Colleges application process and requirements for Admissions
  • The College will also at this time provide the student with a copy of the Colleges Student Policy Manual for their information and review
  • When and if the student submits an application for Admission the Admissions Officer shall proceed with this candidate as he/she would with any other candidate applying for Admission to the College and ensuring he/she meets all admissions requirements for the program of study.

International Student Requirements

For more detailed requirements, please visit our application process and our Tuition page for International student fees.

Unless otherwise stated in the Immigration Regulations, anyone wishing to study in Canada must obtain a student visa prior to traveling to Canada.

Students must apply to the program and be granted acceptance prior to their visa application.

To obtain a student visa, applicants are required to provide evidence that they have been accepted to study, have enough money to support themselves while studying, are not inadmissible to Canada and that they intend to leave Canada upon completion of their studies. CCMH admissions staff are available to answer any questions regarding your student visa application.

Further information and application kits are available through their website at

Before coming to Canada you should refer to the booklet Entering Canada to Study or to Work. This is available from the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country, or by contacting:

Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
Customs and Excise
Travelers Directorate
MacKenzie Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0L5

Please note that international students graduating from CCMH are NOT eligible to receive a Post Graduation Work Permit.