Applying For Admission:
Okay I think I know what is required in terms of prerequisites how about the application process itself. What else do I need to know about admission requirements for massage therapy schools in Victoria?
First of all rest assured that we will be here with you in order to assist you with all aspects of the enrollment process including of course the application itself.
Important Dates to Remember:
|Term||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Jan 2018||November 30, 2017||November 30, 2017|
|Sept 2018||July 15, 2018||July 31, , 2018|
A completed application is made up of the following:
Applications that are submitted or finalized after the Application and Document Deadline, will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration and may consequently be deferred to a later intake if the class is full. At WCCMT applications are processed on a first-come first-serve basis. Please also remember that classes may fill up prior to the beginning of class so every effort should be made to submit your application as soon as possible. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.
- A completed application form. If you don’t already have one, you can request an application form from Admissions by telephoning 250 381 9800 ext 227 or 224 or via email: email@example.com or download from this link
- A $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Official Grade 12 transcripts as proof of high school graduation and any post-secondary educational institutions you have attended.
- Successful completion of an introduction to massage course offered at WCCMT – Victoria. The registration form complete with all dates and times for this course can be downloaded from here wccmt-victoria-introductory-application
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Three (3) signed original character reference letters from non family members who have known you for 5 years. Two of a professional nature (preferably one from an employer and one from a healthcare professional) and one personal. In order for a reference letter to be valid they must be directly addressed to “WCCMT-Admissions”, along with their original signature, date and contact information. These reference letters must speak directly about their personal experiences with you and why they think those experiences would make you a suitable candidate for the RMT program. We DO NOT accept general reference letters. The references should be sent under separate cover and be addressed to: Admissions c/o #100 – 818 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC, V8W 1E4
- A typewritten or word-processed essay addressing the following points:
- Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
- Discuss what has been your experience, if any, with massage therapy?
- What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
- The essay must be written at a college entry level and be in a proper essay format (300 – 500 words)
- A completed Student Budget Worksheet.
- A medical note from a physician indicating you are in good health and free from all communicable diseases and physically and mentally capable of undertaking this program.
- Two (2) colour passport-sized photos.
- Criminal Records Check: a clear criminal record is required before entering into the program. You must obtain this through the Ministry of Justice. Please click here for more information. Download a CRC consent form. WCCMT is required to retain the original, signed consent form along with a photocopy of two (2) pieces of government issued identification.
- After all documents have been received you are required to attend a final Education Interview.
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully. A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
Classes may fill months prior to the commencement of classes so every attempt should be made to submit your application as early as possible. Late applications will be accepted until commencement of classes if space is available. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.