Applying For Admission:
Okay I think I know what is required in terms of prerequisites, how about the application process itself, what do I need and how does it work?
First of all rest assured that we will be here with you in order to assist you with all aspects of the enrollment process including of course the application itself.
A completed application is made up of the following:
At WCCMT applications are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Please also remember that classes may fill up prior to the beginning of class so every effort should be made to submit your application as soon as possible. If your application is received after the class is full, we can place you on our waiting list or make you a priority enrollment for the next class. Your application requires the following:
1. A completed application form. If you don’t already have one, you can request an application form from Admissions by telephoning (604) 520-1844 ext. 232 or download from this link.
2. A $100 non-refundable application fee.
3. Official transcripts of your Grade 12 graduation.
4. Successful completion of an introduction to massage course offered at this college an average of once per month. The registration form complete with all dates and times for this course can be downloaded here.
5. A copy of your most recent resume.
6. Three (3) signed original character reference letters. Two of a professional nature (one from an employer and one from a healthcare professional) and one personal (from a friend). In order for a reference letter to be valid they MUST be directly addressed to “WCCMT-Admissions”, along with their original signature and contact information. These reference letters MUST speak directly about their personal experiences with you and why they think those experiences would make you a suitable candidate for the RMT program. We DO NOT accept general reference letters. The references should be sent under separate cover and be addressed to: Admissions c/o 613 Columbia Street, New Westminster BC, V3M 1A7
7. A typewritten or word-processed essay addressing the following points:
• Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
• Discuss what has been your experience, if any, with massage therapy?
• What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
The essay MUST be written at a college entry level and be in a proper essay format (300-500 words).
8. A completed Student Budget Worksheet.
9. A medical note from a physician indicating you are in good health and free from all communicable diseases and physically and mentally capable of undertaking this program.
10. One (1) colour passport-sized photo
11. Criminal Records review: official documentation of a clear criminal record is required before entering into the program. Admissions will provide further information upon your request
12. The applicant is required to attend an Education Interview with the Admissions Department.
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully. A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
Classes may fill months prior to the commencement of classes so every attempt should be made to submit your application as early as possible. Late applications will be accepted until commencement of classes if space is available. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.