Here at WCCMT we know the importance of continuing education and want to help ensure our graduates continue to be the most qualified RMT’s in practice today. We also know that CEU’s can be expensive. That is why we are now offering free or low-cost CEU workshops, only available to our graduates, at our New Westminster campus. The first workshop, offered this past October was a huge success and filled-up in less than a week. Don’t miss out on your next opportunity!
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2017
Time: 9 AM to 5 PM
Location: WCCMT, New Westminster Campus, PRACTICAL D
SIGN IN STARTS AT 8:30 am.
WORKSHOP: Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization by Professional Health Systems
Instructor: Dr. Nikita Vizniak (author of the Muscle Manual and www.prohealthsys.com)
Learn about Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and how it can benefit your practice, save your hands, improve outcomes and prolong your career. Discussion topic includes definition, basic application, soft tissue healing principles, review of the literature and application in practice. We let you try a variety of instruments and tools to make your treatments easier and more effective – then you can choose the best option and make an informed decision. See how IASTM is an extension of your body that will give you renewed confidence in skills to use in practice; read more here – https://prohealthsys.com/continuing-education/instrument-assisted-soft-tissue-mobilization-iastm/
- Hands on anatomy, palpation, kinesiology and ROM review (bone, ligament, joint, muscle, nerve, vessel, fascia)
- Evidence based clinical integration of assessment with pathology & evidence informed management options
- Efficient biomechanics – work smarter instead of harder to prevent injury and get better results
- Sample over 20 different tools including Graston, Hawkgrips, Adhesion Tools, FAT and many others (over $30,000 worth) – and please bring your own tool for discussion
- IASTM use of instruments & critical thinking to improve results & decrease clinician fatigue by specific tissue & body region – indications, contra indications, basic & advanced application of stainless steel and plastic instruments, cups and home care exercises
Come to the course wearing comfortable clothing. And bring sheets and massage oils of your choice
Be prepared to have manual techniques applied to most regions of the body.
- Instruction of precise, specific and easy to understand and perform techniques to incorporate into your practice immediately
- Discount on purchase of all prohealth products and hand tools – https://prohealthsys.com/prohealth-products/
- 7 CE credits
Seats are limited, please RSVP by sending an email to email@example.com no later than Friday January 20, 2017.