Okay I think I know what is required in terms of prerequisites how about the application process itself. What do I need and how does it work?
First of all, rest assured that we will be here with you in order to assist you with all aspects of the enrollment process including of course the application itself.
Important Dates to Remember:
|Intake/Program||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Aug 2017 – 21 month||July 1, 2017||Aug 1, 2017|
|Spring 2018 – 16 month||March 1, 2018||April 1, 2018|
|May 2018 – Blended 3 yr (Online/Onsite)||April 1, 2018||April 15, 2018|
Applications that are submitted or finalized (documents submitted) after the Application and Document Deadline, will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration and may consequently be deferred to a later intake if the class is full.
A completed application is made up of the following:
At CCMH applications are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Please also remember that classes may fill up prior to the beginning of class so every effort should be made to submit your application as soon as possible. If your application is received after the class is full, we can place you on our waiting list or make you a priority enrollment for the next class. Your application requires the following:
- A completed application form. If you don’t already have one, you can request an application form from Admissions by telephoning (902) 484-0158, or download one from the Downloads & Forms tab.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of your marks from High School or GED or Post-Secondary institution.
- A completed Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check to be dated within 6 months prior to program start.
- Satisfactory completion of an Education interview. Out-of-Province applicants may request a telephone interview.
- Successful completion of an Introduction to Massage course offered at this college four times a year. Please note that a distance option is available for those that live more that 100km from a CCMH/WCCMT campus. Registration forms are available under the Documents & Forms tab.
- Successful completion of the Medical Terminology and Systems course, offered online (if necessary).
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Two(2) signed original character reference letters. One must be from a health care practitioner and one personal (from a friend). The references must have known you for more then two years and not be a relative. These letters should be sent directly to the College, along with their original signature and contact information. These reference letters MUST speak directly about their personal experiences with you and why they think those experiences would make you a suitable candidate for the RMT program. We DO NOT accept general reference letters. The references should be sent under separate cover and be addressed to: Admissions c/o CCMH Halifax 6960 Mumford Rd, Suite 180 Mumford Professional Centre, Halifax, NS B3L 4P1, or emailed to Halifax@collegeofmassge.com
- A typewritten or word-processed essay/letter of intent addressing the following points:
• Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
• Discuss what has been your experience, if any, with massage therapy?
• What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
- A medical note from a physician indicating you are in good health and free from all communicable diseases and physically and mentally capable of undertaking this program. This can be found under the Documents & Forms tab.
- A digital photo (headshot) for the student ID card emailed to Halifax@collegeofmassage.com
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully. A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
Classes may fill months prior to the commencement of classes so every attempt should be made to submit your application as early as possible. Late applications will be accepted until commencement of classes if space is available. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.