Our student interns provide therapeutic remedial and preventative massage and hydrotherapy services 5 days a week in Cambridge. Your 60 minute massage treatment will include a thorough patient history and assessment in order to provide you with the most beneficial treatment.
This Therapeutic bath combines the powerful effects of medicated salts or essential oils with the benefit of programmable wave action of our Meridian© Bath. Your therapist will help you select an herbal additive or salt suited to your specific needs. Then you just recline in this versatile bath and let it go to work for you. Renowned for centuries, this treatment can be effectively customized to suit a wide variety of aims ranging from relaxing sore and aching muscles to an uplifting bath leaving you ready to face a new day.
- Our air jet tubs provide the added benefit of “micro massage”, effective in relaxing sore and aching muscles
- Beneficial for insomnia, poor circulation, irritated skin and chronic muscle related conditions
- Includes medicinal herbs chosen for your specific needs
- Relaxes tightened muscles, reduces pain and increases circulation
- Maximizes therapeutic effects when used prior to a massage treatment
This familiar treatment in very hot, dry air is used for purification and rejuvenation. Some European cultures attribute their long, healthy lives, to frequent sauna treatments, cleansing dirt from deep within the pores and fortifying the immune system. Infrared heat penetrates deeper, heats the body faster and more safely than conventional, convection saunas.
- Made of the finest Canadian Red Cedar, our sauna provides safe and effective radiant heat.
- Infrared heat waves reach the body directly without having to heat the intervening air inside the saunas!
- Noticeable effects on pain relief, skin stimulation and stress reduction due to an increase in blood circulation.
- A warm salt paste is applied as a skin scrub to stimulate circulation and remove dead skin cells
- Includes preheat and an application of sesame oil and rest period
Paraffin Wax Treatment
- Melted paraffin is applied to the affected area e.g. hands, wrists, ankles, feet
- Deep penetrating heat increases circulation and relaxes tightened tissue
- Recommended for arthritic or stiff joints
Used extensively in health spas in Europe, affusion involves the “pouring” of a stream of water over the body or part of the body. This tepid stream of water could be at a high pressure (Blitz Guss) or at a low pressure (Low Affusion), turning your session into a real invigorating and uplifting experience. This treatment can be customized to a wide array of conditions and tolerances.
- Involves contrasting (different temperatures) water application to achieve specific therapeutic effects
- Enhances circulation and, in general, strengthens the body’s immune system