Okay I think I know what is required in terms of prerequisites how about the application process itself. What do I need and how does it work?
First of all rest assured that we will be here with you in order to assist you with all aspects of the enrollment process including of course the application itself.
Important Dates to Remember:
|January 2, 2018||December 22, 2017|
|April 30, 2018||April 13, 2018|
Application packages that are complete and are submitted after the Application and Document Deadline, will be processed as time permits, but will not be granted priority registration. Consequently those applicants may be deferred to a later intake if the class is full. At CCMH applications are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Please also remember that classes may fill up prior to the beginning of class so every effort should be made to submit your application as soon as possible. If your application is received after the class is full, we can place you on our waiting list or make you a priority enrollment for the next class. A completed application is made up of the following:
- A completed application form with the $200 non-refundable Administration fee
- Proof of OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent.
- CCMH Medical Form completed by your physician.
- A copy of your most recent resume.
- Two (2) signed CCMH Referee Forms. The Referee forms should be written by a person you know on a professional level and if possible one of those from a healthcare professional. Forms completed by friends or family members will not be accepted. In order for a reference to be valid the forms must speak directly about their personal experiences with you, how long they have known you and why they think those experiences would make you a suitable candidate for the Massage Therapy program and the health profession in general. They are also required to have an original signature and contact information. All Referee Forms and accompanying character reference letters are to be mailed directly to CCMH by the referee. Photocopies, faxed or emailed copies may not be accepted.
- A 250-500 word essay addressing one or more of the following points:
• Why do you want to practice massage therapy?
• What has been your experience with massage therapy?
• What do you have to offer to the massage therapy profession?
- Two (2) digital passport-style photos.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Registration and payment for the Introduction to Massage prerequisite course
- Submit the signed CCMH Enrollment Agreement. (reviewed in a personal meeting with the Financial Aid Advisor after acceptance or at least 21 days before the program begins, whichever is sooner)
- Payment of $350.00 Tuition Deposit
IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO YOU PLEASE CONTACT ADMISSIONS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS:
- English is your second language
- You have prior post-secondary credits in Health Sciences or Research courses, please contact Admissions for Prior Learning Assessment information.
- You have a documented (or are in the process or obtaining documentation for a) physical, mental or learning disability. Documented religious restrictions or requirements.
To ensure processing without delay, please follow the instructions on the application form carefully. A complete application, which meets all requirements, does not constitute a guarantee of acceptance.
Late applications may be accepted until commencement of classes, space permitting. Applications received after the class is full but prior to the application deadline date may be placed on a waiting list or may request enrollment in the subsequent class.